InmanTV

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Outsourcing Tutoring to India: need insight

Many American companies are taking advantage of outsourcing service jobs to various foreign companies. There are several schools of thoughts as to whether this is good, bad or indifferent to the American economy. However, one such industry that I have been contemplating after reading larger established companies have taken advantage of outsourcing is academic tutoring to India. Did you know many tutors charge $50 and more an hour for advanced subject tutoring?

I have an idea in the making, however I was wondering if you knew of any resources for making contact with Indian students without getting on a plane and going to New Delhi?

This idea, has a great twist, but I need some assistance getting it off of the ground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who has family in india -- she is a doctor and may know students in india...I may be able to help email me at jasonh1982(at)yahoo.ca

Anonymous said...

those are all good points...what about finding english lit students and set-up a english editing business. That would be easier...you simply have editors on stand by to receive work (freelance editors paid per project)...if this interests you..I have a whole online system that I had built for me...it is a total automated system where people can register submit essays...and than as the admin you can assign it to an editor and even have the person alerted by email when the essay is finished being edited. Anyway...just an idea. I friend of mine owns an editing business online and does fairly well...and most of his business is through doing flyer advertisments around campuses.

Prakash said...

thumb is right !