InmanTV

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sour milk and cereal

Ok, since you really have no way to validate this besides taking my word, I hope you will give me the benefit of the doubt. But nearly 4 years ago I came up with the idea of creating a gourmet cereal bar. I even had a name, "Poppa Krunch."

Much like Starbucks is a gourmet coffee house, I thought it would be great to go down to the local Poppa Krunk and pay $6.50 for a bowl of gourmet granola cereal with chocolate soy milk, fresh strawberries, blue berries and a glass of fresh squeezed OJ. You know all the milk choices, cow, goat, soy, almond, rice; toppings bananas, berries, spices, sugars, honey, etc. Now the kicker would be the fact that the company would not sell regular cereal, but exclusive gourmet cereals like you might find in Whole Foods or Wild Oats market.

I said why not, people pay $1.00 for a Krispy Kreme and a $5.00 for Coldstones ice cream, things that can easily get from the grocery store, so why not charge them for a bowl of custom made cereal. Laugh now, but they laughed at Ben and Jerry as well.

Then last year I read an article in Business 2.0 about a company called Cereality.

Although I was a bit crushed, I felt good that my idea had been implemented. Now for some more original ideas.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Nice idea! Looks like they're only in a few states. If they're not in your state you can open a competing store.